Hello from CORD!
Please note that all CAG members (GOWANUS CANAL CITIZENS ADVISORY GROUP) are eligible to join new committees at this point in time. After this next round of committee meetings, EACH CAG member will need to attend two meetings of a committee before joining, under the charter requirements as per our newly ratified charter! See link
June 6, 6:30 p.m., Water Quality Committee, 621 Degraw Street.
1) Feasibility Study: Identify follow-up questions for EPA and issues that the committee wants to work on.
2) Riverkeeper: Philip Musegaas from Riverkeeper will attend. Philip is an expert in CSOs and will help the committee understand this issue better, so that the committee can see where there are intersections between CSOs and the Superfund process and where there are not.
3) Ongoing business: From previous meetings.
4) Committee mission and workplan: Discussion with EPA.
June 7, 6:30 p.m., Real Estate Committee, 621 Degraw Street.
1) Real estate issues raised at May 31 EPA Feasibility Study presentation
3) Info-gathering proposal
4) Pratt studio project on the Gowanus Canal
June 9, 6:30 p.m., Administrative Committee, 250 Baltic Street.
1) Orientation 2) Discussion of Administrative Committee's responsibilities 3) Review and discussion of CAG member attendance records
June 23, 6:30 p.m., Technical Committee, location TBD.
· Identify follow-on questions for EPA about the Feasibility Study (FS)
· Identify any concerns about the FS methodology
· Identify any FS technical issues that the committee wants to work on (do research, translate to layperson language for the CAG, gather community input by working with outreach committee, etc.)
· Are there any remaining questions/issues relative to the Remedial Investigation?
· Are there technical aspects related to the work of other CAG committees that the Technical Committee could assist with?
Outreach Committee: date and location TBD
As always we urge you all to write to us with any of your questions and comments regarding the Gowanus Canal clean-up effortat firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our very best to find some answers for you! Thank you for staying involved with our community.
To us, going "Green" mean civic engagement and civic action! We are all in this together!